The Hong Kong Children in Need Foundation is committed to ensuring that all personal data provided under various applications and in the course of business are handled in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Cap. 486.
- Purpose of Collection
The personal data provided by you to The Hong Kong Children in Need Foundation (“HKCIN” and the “Foundation”) in connection with your activities conducted with HKCIN, throughout your relationship with HKCIN and thereafter upon termination of said relationship will be used by HKCIN for the following purposes:
- conducting statistical analysis, research, surveys, quality assurance and review;
- to be used or disclosed to the board of directors of HKCIN or relevant bodies;
- facilitating communications between you and HKCIN;
- verifying the identity, qualifications, academic records, and/or your employees, partners, directors, shareholders, affiliates;
- conducting marketing activities including but not limited to using photos/videos taken at events for promotional purposes; and
- any other legitimate purposes directly related to the above, specific purposes.
- Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
HKCIN will keep your personal data confidential and authorized staff members of HKCIN will have access to and handle your personal data. Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties in Hong Kong or elsewhere if such disclosure is necessary to facilitate the purposes set out in paragraph 1 above, if authorized or required by law, or in response to requests from law enforcement agencies, government departments or regulatory authorities.
- Access and Correction of Personal Data
You have the right to check whether we hold data about you, access said data and correct/update data this is incorrect or inaccurate. Requests for access or correction of personal data held by the Foundation shall be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Foundation will use its best endeavours to ensure to safeguard personal data so that it is not subject to unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use.