HKCIN x Premiere Performances
Chamber Music in Schools Program
- Interactive and educational music performances designed to inspire a love of music!
- Introducing students to chamber music and performances by international artists
- Inspiring students a love of music and motivation to take up an instrument
- 1,000+ children will experience world-class live performances!
- Interactive performances by local ensembles, in addition to an Australian ensemble ‘Arcadia Winds Trio’, which is brought by ‘Musica Viva Australia’, the largest chamber music organization in the world
- Workshops guiding students and teachers to get the most out of a live music experience
About Premiere Performances
Founded in 2007, Premiere Performances of Hong Kong strives to enliven the imagination of Hong Kong audiences through extraordinary performances, inspire those who play to pick up their instruments and play with joy and love, and enable those who listen to have a concert experience like no other. Premiere Performances brings internationally celebrated artists and the world’s brightest rising stars to Hong Kong for solo recitals, chamber music and community outreach, building a vibrant local arts scene and inspiring audience members of all ages with performances that are accessible to all.
Since 2012, Premiere Performances has partnered with the largest chamber music organisation in the world, Musica Viva Australia, to bring their world-class education programme to Hong Kong schools. Their Chamber Music in Schools program has made 330 school visits, reaching 3,600 teachers and over 92,000 students. Each Chamber Music in Schools ensemble visits at least 15 schools across Hong Kong per tour, providing in-school concerts.